Warning: Includes loud bang at the end!
A game to practise making turns/rotations.
- Year 1:
- To describe position, direction and movement, including whole, half, quarter and threequarter turns
- Year 2:
- To ...[sic]... distinguishing between rotation as a turn and in terms of right angles for quarter, half and three-quarter turns (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Year 3:
- To recognise angles as a property of shape or a description of a turn
- To identify right angles, recognise that two right angles make a half-turn, three make three quarters of a turn and four a complete turn; identify whether angles are greater than or less than a right angle
- Year 5:
- To identify angles at a point and one whole turn (total 360 degrees).
- To identify angles at a point on a straight line and half a turn (total 180 degrees).
1. Choose a year group.
2. Choose how much time you'd like, (3 minutes is easier).
3. Wait for the doors to close, (they use about 20 seconds of your time).
4. Read the instruction.
5. Turn the dial.
6. Press 'check'.
7. If you open all 10 doors in time you'll need to press the red deactivate button.
8. If you get a question wrong an extra door will close.
9. If you don't open all 10 doors in time there's a big exploion sound effect.