Sleepy Farmer's Naughty Sheep
Subtraction from numbers up to 10.
The farmer counts his sheep and falls asleep. Now he's lost some sheep, how many are missing?
- EYFS: Explore the composition of numbers to 10.
- Yr1: Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- Yr1: Add and subtract one-digit (and two-digit numbers to 20), including zero
- Choose a level on the sign post
- for subtractions from 5 eg 5-1, 5-2 etc choose 5
- for subtractions from numbers up to 5 eg 4-1, 3-2 etc choose up to 5
- for subtractions 10 eg 10-1, 10-2 etc choose 10
- for subtractions from numbers up to 10 eg 10-1, 8-3 etc choose upto 10
- Count how many sheep are in the field before the farmer falls asleep
- While he's asleep some of the sheep wonder off! Naughty sheep!
- Count the sheep again and work out how many sheep are missing.
- Click the poppy with the correct number of missing sheep.
- Count the sheep as they return.
- Why not try writing the maths story on your drywipe boards?