ictgames uses non-personalised Ads
Each advert is locked to showing non-personalised
As is standard we must ask for permission to use personalised ads but do not
use them. Without Google advertising (AdSense) ictgames would not be free to play.
Features of the advertising used:
- ictgames is declared as 'for children' with Google
- All ads are non-personalised
- Unsuitable categories of adverts are blocked
- Ads are moderated
- Ads are kept at a distance from the games
- Ads are kept within consistent dark grey boxes
- The number of ads is kept at a modest level, so that there is far more content than advertising.
- Ads are based on similarity to the sites' content and your geographical location.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act sets out rules for how a website aimed at children below the age of 13 should behave. ictgames.com is
declared as a child-focussed site with Google under The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This means
that no user data is stored in the cookies whilst you are visiting our site. These cookies are anonymous and we cannot read the information they contain.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs how we handle any personalised data which we collect, guaranteeing transparency and among other
things 'the right to be forgotten'. The GDPR affects European and non-European businesses using online advertising and measurement solutions when
their sites and apps are accessed by users in the European Economic Area
How does ictgames comply with GDPR?
- Users of ictgames do not register with the website, neither do they pay any fee to play online. As such we hold no data about you the user.
- There is no social media aspect to this website.
- There are no forums or forms to complete where a user's information might be given.
- Emails from users are deleted.
- The only user information stored by some of our games is levels completed and spellings which the user may have chosen to enter. These are all held on
the user's device and never shared with us.
Who provides the advertising?
All of our advertising is provided by Google Adsense. Google Adsense uses anonymous cookies to direct appropriate advertising to our website.These cookies
do not allow us to identify you or how you as an individual use ictgames. Whilst we do not use personalised advertising, users may adjust their settings by visiting Ads Settings
What information do we hold?
We do not collect any data about those using this website.
In the interest of Safeguarding, if we receive an email from a child we do not respond and that email is deleted. If we receive an email from an adult we
will aim to respond within the week.